The following is from Barb Cain. Mission opportunities:
- Aaron Mahoney will be completing an Iron Man next Summer and is raising money for Jean’s Journey Program that continues to thrive and supports people newly diagnosed with cancer. The GoFundme link is https://www.gofundme.com/jeanslegacy. The Journey Program link is https://www.thejourneyprogramtc.com.
******11/25, 12/2 and 12/9 I will be collecting for our STEP kids
We will be supporting our STEP students at TCW for Christmas. We are purchasing 14 black hoodies for the young men. Barb is accepting donation toward this total ($30 each) and is open to support for 8 more of the jackets.
There is a young Doula family that we are looking to support as well. I have attached some of the smaller items that will help with their gifts. I am going to be getting help outside church to support the family on the bigger items.
For the 9-month-old boy
- Size 4 diapers
- Wipes, baby food, infant formula that isn’t soy, baby wash/shampoo
- Socks, teethers, baby toys
For the Mom, age 17
- Medium underwear
- Shampoo/conditioner/body wash
- Gas card, candles
For the Dad, age 18
- Socks, medium boxers
- Body wash
- Black or gray hoodie (this is covered)
- Our Safe Harbor week is 2/9-16 and Safe Harbor is working working with Bethlehem Lutheran. The NLCC dates will be Wednesday through Saturday, the 13th-16th.
- In addition to the hoodies we are collecting hats and gloves.
- Please bring in any leftover wrapping paper or ribbon to donate to wrapping
CHRISTmas eve., family friendly service at 5 p.m.